Hands Up for New Hope Information
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR HANDS UP FOR NEW HOPE?
First, a referral comes to Greenhouse Ministries through a variety of methods.
Second, the client meets with the program director, Laura Minchey, and the occupational therapy interns to complete a series of assessments to evaluate the client’s readiness to change. The assessments include, self-esteem, life skills, and spirituality.
Third, Laura Minchey will pair each client with a church that matches the client’s personality and spiritual background. The church will then decide who the director(s) will be.
Finally, the church and Greenhouse Ministries will provide continued support for the client. Every party will also be in constant communication to ensure the clients stay on track and receive the help needed.
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS?
- Current employment
- No current drug use
- Open and willing to change
- Married or single
WHAT ARE THE CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE IN THE PROGRAM?
- Maintain employment
- Attend a minimum of three occupational therapy sessions
- Participate in education and/or counseling at Greenhouse Ministries
- Participate in regular meeting with directors or mentor for 9-12 months
WHAT ARE THE CHURCH’S RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE IN THE PROGRAM?
- 9-12 month financial assistance
- Assist with finding safe and affordable housing
- Mentoring and accountability
- Maintain communication with Greenhouse Ministries to ensure client success
- Assist the client in becoming an active member of the church
WHAT ARE THE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST’S RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE IN THE PROGRAM?
- Evaluate clients using interviews and standardized assessments
- Provide direct intervention to improve life skills, coping skills, social skills, and executive functioning
- Assist the client in goal setting and tracking
- Connect clients to resources in the community
- Provide consultation to community agencies and individuals involved in the program